httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: nasty segfault doing sighup with worker MPM
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2001 20:52:50 GMT
Jeff Trawick <trawick@attglobal.net> writes:

> It looks like listen_recs aren't allocated from the right pool with
> worker?  (at least I couldn't reproduce this with prefork)

And the answer is...

*Most* of the listen_recs are allocated from the right pool.  The one
that isn't is the pipe of death listen_rec allocated by worker MPM and
placed into the ap_listeners list.

Stuff in ap_listeners list needs to be allocated from the process
pool so that it survives a restart.

The pipe of death listen_rec is allocated in the pconf pool.

Maybe the pipe of death shouldn't even be in the ap_listeners list.  I
think it would be better if worker.c has its own listeners list.  The
first thing in it is the pipe of death.  We set the next pointer in
that listen_rec to ap_listeners.  Thus, we leave the list manipulated
by listen.c alone but we still have our list to use so we serve fairly
all the sockets we're polling on.

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...