httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject need script to install Apache DSOs?
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2001 19:03:20 GMT
On some platforms, we get some unexpected names for DSO files because
of the way libtool works.

While normally we expect mod_foo.so...

Tru64:   libmod_foo.so
AIX:     libmod_foo.a(libmod_foo.so.0)
         (not just a name change; archive library is used)
HP-UX:   mod_foo.sl

What if we had a DSO installer which normally called
libool --mode=install but on some platforms did something special?
"make install" would need to use this for DSOs and apxs would need to
use this as well.

If we stick with the expected mod_foo.so usage we don't have to hack
up our docs or tweak the LoadModule statements we generate from apxs
or make install.

Comments, concerns?

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...