httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: IE6?
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2001 15:36:22 GMT

On Fri, 21 Dec 2001, David Reid wrote:

> Has anyone else been having trouble with IE6 and authorisations using Apache
> 1.3?  I have a user who never sees a prompt, but the logs show 3 401
> rejecetd entries when he tries to view the page.

ISAIK It is not uncommon (depending what auth DLL's you have) for IE to
not just try a recently cached password (from an other URL space) but also
to try your windows logon username and password and a recent domain (or
share) username and password.

Or at least it does that for me: after a fiddle to also allow iButton.com
access into windwos- I found that on my desktop PC IE would auth no less
than 6 times before finally putting on a prompt for the user.

Dw