httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Sampson <...@cynic.net>
Subject PR 7492 (IPv6 and Listen *)
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2001 04:40:05 GMT

Is anybody out there working on a resolution of PR 7492? The bug
is basically that, when you use "Listen *", it listens only on IPv6
interfaces, and never opens any of the IPv4 interfaces in the system.
(This may actually work to listen on IPv4 interfaces on some systems, but
not all systems implement section 3.7 of RFC2553, and for good reason.)

It seems a bit odd that this bug has been open for more than eight months
now, since the fix to me doesn't seem so terribly difficult. Are there
some other issues not mentioned in the PR that are impeding progress?

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 3 5778 0123   http://www.netbsd.org