httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dale Ghent <>
Subject Re: httpd.conf Qs
Date Sun, 30 Dec 2001 21:13:07 GMT
On Sun, 30 Dec 2001, Eli Marmor wrote:

| Dale Ghent wrote:
| > Hey, I have two questions here:
| >
| > 1) I'm working on making sure that directives in the Apache 1.3.x
| > httpd.conf are sync'd to the 2.0 httpd.conf.  Can anyone confirm a need
| > for this? If so, I'll send a patch that does this.
| httpd.conf of 2.0 is not backward compatible with 1.3; For example,
| "Port" is not there anymore. The best way to learn the differences, is
| to look at the following Covalent's script:

I certianly am aware of that, and other depricated directives, as well.

What I'm more-or-less referring to are the Language-related stuff and
<IfModule> containers (as well as bringing up some of the more informative
comments and such from 1.3.)

Apache 2.0's httpd.conf is based off of 1.3.9's, and there have been a few
changes to the 1.3 httpd.conf since then that are cross-version compatable
and were not up-ported to the one in the 2.0 repository. I seek to
"sanitize" the two in that regard so to make the 2.0 conf as similar to
the 1.3 conf as much as possible.

I think it's a relatively small important thing to make sure of before 2.0
is released in GA. It'll give those who notice these things a good feeling

View raw message