httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Collins-Sussman <suss...@collab.net>
Subject ./configure failure on FreeBSD 4.4
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2001 15:30:26 GMT

Hello all,

I apologize for extra noise; I'm an APR and Subversion developer, and
I have an httpd bug to report that's been present for at least 6
months.  Unfortunately, I don't follow this list, and I've not yet
investigated a patch... but I thought it was worth reporting anyway.

I'm running FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE.   To build the Subversion server, this
is the usual routine for me:

   ./buildconf
   ./configure --enable-so --enable-maintainer-mode --enable-dav \
               --with-mpm=prefork --prefix=/usr/local/apache2

The problem is that ./configure seems to generate a bogus
'config.status' script.  In particular, the very end of the script has
these lines:

    case $ac_dest in
    esac

These lines cause my standard system /bin/sh to choke.  I'm sure these
work fine on Linux /bin/sh, which is bash.  But FreeBSD /bin/sh halts.

My usual "workaround" is to comment out these two lines, and then run
./config.status by hand to finish creating the Makefiles.  But this
workaround is getting awfully old.  :-)

-Ben Collins-Sussman
 sussman@collab.net