httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@remulak.net>
Subject Re: read errors in 2.0.30
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2001 15:13:56 GMT
Brian Pane wrote:

> I just committed a fix for this.

Thanks for the quick turn-around!

>                                   My ap_rgetline() code didn't
> properly handle a request line that arrived in multiple pieces.
> Sorry about that.

Hey, stuff happens.  Don't worry about it.

> The bug never showed up in testing before because
> it's rare for a request line to get split between two packets when
> using tools like ab on a local network.

Yep.  Same problem with log replay; it's pretty much like ab, but with
lots of different URLs.

You can drive the multiple packet logic in getline with telnet, but
that's a manual effort.  I wonder if netcat could be taught to send
lines in multiple pieces.  Jeff wrote a socket call tool that will do
the job.  And what about the perl test harness?

Greg