httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <>
Subject Re: read errors in 2.0.30
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2001 04:37:39 GMT
Greg Ames wrote:

>httpd 2.0.30-dev was in production for about 11 minutes on daedalus.
>Then I noticed a bunch of unusual errors in the log, so I moved us back
>to 2_0_28.
>They all seem to deal with reading lines from the input filters.  There
>were 85 "request failed: error reading the headers" logs in 11 minutes,
>compared to just 8 on 2_0_28 so far today.  There were a lot of
>complaints about methods and URIs, with some funky stuff printed out as
>the request:

I just committed a fix for this.  My ap_rgetline() code didn't
properly handle a request line that arrived in multiple pieces.
Sorry about that.  The bug never showed up in testing before because
it's rare for a request line to get split between two packets when
using tools like ab on a local network.

View raw message