httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <i...@apache.org>
Subject server not responding properly to bad packets
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2001 19:38:55 GMT
(attached a PCAP)
server is running apache 2.0.29 (+mod-include patch + apr-table
patch+multidbm stuff)

we're seeing the following request come in on our test servers,
and it is causing us to segfault's every once and a while in the logger.
I was just wondering if anyone knew about this and if it is patched in
CVS Head.
I remember someone mentioning a fix to the error code a while back, but
I can't see anything in the changes file.

to summarize:
a bad packet is sent
we don't send the HTTP headers
we attempt to log the packet, which causes a segfault in our custom logger

I'm thinking stuff like this should just be rejected and not logged at
all in the access logs, (just in the error ones)

BTW.. has anyone got a tool to replay a PCAP dump onto a live server?

--Request
_Z(Nò_ P_EUR_oó__-020474-auto.html HTTP/1.0

x-Caw-Id: 00-D0-B7-A8-45-E3 03000203

--response
<title>400 Bad Request</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Bad Request</h1>
Invalid URI in request Z(Nò PEUR</p>
<hr />
<address>Apache/2.0.29.2-multidbm-apr_tables-include Server at
cn-sfo1-pma-web-a1.cnet.com Port 80</address>