httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul J. Reder" <rede...@remulak.net>
Subject Re: Core dump in mod-include
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2001 21:54:21 GMT

Brian Pane wrote:

> I haven't had time to read through through Justin's patch in detail,
> but conceptually I think it's the right approach: check for the EOS
> condition as a special case in the end-of-brigade code that's crashing,
> rather than resetting the state every time we enter the filter.

Setting the state in the else (as Ian first suggested) is wrong. Tags
can span buckets or brigades. State must be maintained across those
boundaries. That is the whole reason for the state info.

Justin's patch looks much better. If the code runs into a premature
end, then it needs to give up and clean up.

--
Paul J. Reder
-- Albert Einstein