httpd-dev mailing list archives

From <dr...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 ROADMAP
Date Wed, 26 Dec 2001 21:13:03 GMT
> On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 05:54:38PM -0000, dreid@apache.org wrote:
>>   +      David says:
>>   +        The style guide needs to be reviewed before this can be
>>   done. +        http://dev.apache.org/styleguide.html
>>   +        The current file is dated April 20th 1998!
>>   +        Also the file should be moved to the correct location for +
>>          future use.  Q: should APR have it's own copy as well?
>
> FWIW, dev.apache.org is no longer maintained.  I think Joshua and
> I moved that it should be removed with a redirect to
> httpd.apache.org/dev.  Someone with karma still needs to do this.

Yep, this was why I added the comment.

> http://httpd.apache.org/dev/styleguide.html
>
> More specifically, what seems to be out of date?

I just think we should review it before we commit ourselves to adhereing
so rigidly to it.

> Also, I believe APR's website indicates that it follows the httpd
> style.

OK, but we should still have a copy in APR's repository as if someone just
wants APR it should be there, even if it's just a file that points them at
a reference to the httpd copy.

david