httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: Time for and Apache 2.0 Tag and Roll?
Date Thu, 27 Dec 2001 21:09:53 GMT
On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 01:07:48PM -0800, Brian Pane wrote:
> Bill Stoddard wrote:
>
> >I'll tag in a few days if I don't hear any dissent.
> >
> >Bill
> >

> The tag+roll sounds okay with me, unless you want to wait for
> the bucket free list code (the stuff that Cliff is working on)--
> since that's the last significant design change that I've heard
> of for 2.0.

There's no reason we can't tag now and push out another alpha/beta, and
do the same thing in a week or so when the bucket freelist gets committed.
The more often we do a beta the more people we'll have testing our code.

Things seem pretty stable right now. I'd like to see us push out a couple
more big betas with wide publicity (and usage) before we go GA.

-aaron