httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Lopez <dan...@rawbyte.com>
Subject ServerLimit, MaxClients
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2001 22:18:12 GMT

I am trying to make sense of the following directives:

MaxClients, ServerLimit, ThreadLimit, ThreadsPerChild

As I understand:

MaxClients <= ServerLimit in prefork

ThreadsPerChild <= ThreadLimit

MaxClients <= Serverlimit * ThreadLimit in worker

Can be MaxClients and ThreadLimit eliminated?

ServerLimit will be the equivalent of Maxclients in prefork.
ThreadsPerChild will be the equivalent of ThreadLimit and MaxClients could
be calculated as ServerLimit * ThreadsPerChild in worker

I read Jeff Trawick thread but I still am confused why you need to have one
directive to limit the value of another one.

Best regards

Daniel