httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/conf httpd-std.conf
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2001 05:30:05 GMT
From: <slive@apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2001 12:28 PM

> slive       01/12/05 10:28:37
>
>   Modified:    docs/conf httpd-std.conf
>   Log:
>   Config file updates.  Mostly just playing with comments, but a few functional
>   changes:
>
>   1. Remove the directives in the document root <directory> section that
>   are there to handle the index.html.var and put them in their normal place
>   in the config file.  I see no reason to duplicate the directives and
>   explanations.

Josh, your change is altogether wrong, since the typical user doesn't create
.var files to serve.  In fact it is further wrong since index.html.var should
be attempted before index.html [which in multiviews, will trigger index.html.var
after first wasting a dozen stats.]  So it was wrong - remains wrong, only
differently so.  I seem to remember we switched index.html with index.html.var
for some obscure reason - possibly related to the state of negotation.  With my
boss telling me I'm finally pat on the 'extra' work-work assignments piled on my
desk, I can FINALLY go back to the httpd tree and get negotation wrapped up :-!
So leave this till negotation works this weekend.

>   2. Change from the funky FilesMatch/SetOutputFilter to AddOutputFilter for
>   the SSI configuration.

Agreed, this had a few users confused [with both sections in their config.]
Right call.

Bill