httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: [patch (rev 2)] mod_dir refactored... needs discussion
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2001 03:47:38 GMT
From: "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@covalent.net>
Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2001 9:31 PM

Forgot to mention

3. It's more robust.  Currently, /test/ is confirmed as a valid address [not an error
   or other problem.]  With this patch, if /test/index.html is denied, the user won't
   be shown /test/ (which is a good thing, IMHO.)

But reflecting on the patch, perhaps we should allow the admin to configure Autoindex
to 'drill' into DIRs, or to always serve all (non-excluded) DIR entries without any
subrequest checking whatsoever.  Same on content, I suppose, although it would break
all of the ByType directives for directories configured that way.

Bill