httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2001 01:49:27 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkrantz@ebuilt.com> writes:

> On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 01:04:44AM -0000, jerenkrantz@apache.org wrote:
> >   +
> >   +    * Source code should follow style guidelines.
> >   +        This can't wait until we have a 2.0-gold release because then
> >   +        style corrections will conflict with bug fixes found after
> >   +        release which is not nice.
>
> Personally, I think this is a release showstopper, but I can be talked
> out of that.  I don't want to end up in the situation where we go GA
> and then do style changes and then the diffs AFTER the GA become
> cluttered with style fixes.  So, I think this needs to happen before
> we go GA.  For now, it lands in release-showstopper category.

How many people really give a shit?  I'm truly curious.

Personally, I'd "fix" the style in code I'm mucking around with, I
have no issue with other people "fixing" style on a larger scale, but
tracking this in the STATUS file and even bringing up the
"showstopper" label seems a little silly to me when we haven't had a
beta since April :)

Best wishes,

Jeff
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...