httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: 2.0.28 on AIX weirdness...
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2001 23:45:10 GMT
"Bill Stoddard" <bill@wstoddard.com> writes:

> While building 2.0.28 binaries for AIX (using binbuild.sh modified to use the worker
MPM),
> ran into the following weirdness:
>
> 1. The parent starts but no children start

hmmm... I haven't seen this, and I have run the 2.0.28 tarball on
AIX using worker.  Is there anything in your error_log?

I was using a pretty trimmed-down set of modules.  Maybe that is a key
difference.

> 2. Much funkiness here...
> - APR_FILE_BASED_SHM ??? AIX supports shared memory segments

First, there is a buglet in the setting of this symbol which I'll fix
shortly...  it shouldn't show up as APR_FILE_BASED_SHM on AIX.

beyond that, what *should* AIX use?

In my AIX build we're picking APR_USE_SHMEM_MMAP_ANON (see include/apr.h)

> - APR_USE_FCNTL_SERIALIZE & APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE? Should only be one.

WAD; the first refers to the mechanism used for cross-process; the
second refers to the mechanism used for intra-process

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...