httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: worker mpm: can we optimize away the listener thread?
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2001 15:16:03 GMT
Ryan Bloom <rbb@covalent.net> writes:

> On Friday 30 November 2001 06:46 am, Greg Ames wrote:
>
> They should be.  The main thread is supposed to die, killing all other threads
> in the process.

Yeah...  what we have now though is the pthread_join mumbo-jumbo.

I think that is necessary for certain (all) levels of Linux since the
process wasn't getting cleaned up properly when the main thread bailed
out but

1) I don't recall if anybody tried changing the detach state to see if
   it made a difference (maybe this is just a stupid idea :) )

2) I don't recall anybody ever reporting similar behavior on
   AIX/Solaris/other-non-Linux; we need to know if any sort of join
   mumbo-jumbo should be Linux (or Linux-version)-specific.

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...