httpd-dev mailing list archives

From TOKI...@aol.com
Subject Re: [STATUS] (httpd-2.0) Wed Nov 28 23:45:08 EST 2001
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 01:30:38 GMT

In a message dated 11/28/2001 10:21:46 PM Pacific Standard Time,
wrowe@covalent.net writes:

> [...]

Yes, it does... and for the third time now ( and probably more to come )
I apologize to the forum and to Ken Coar for asking a stupid question.

> Without excessive quoting... read the logs before you go flying off the
> handle...

Yes... I missed what happened while on vacation and I thought
there was something arbitrarily removed from STATUS.
My bad.

>    http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/httpd-2.0/STATUS
>
>  ianh        01/11/28 12:14:09
>
>    Modified:    .        STATUS
>    Log:
>    deflate is in
>
>    Revision  Changes    Path
>    1.346     +1 -7      httpd-2.0/STATUS
>
>  > Does Ken Coar really have this kind of personal
>  > control over what does or does not go into
>  > the Apache Server and/or remains in the STATUS file?
>
>  WTF does Ken Coar have to do with this, other than being the messenger of
> all
>  that is good or bad [STATUS] within the Apache projects?  I don't see his
> name
>  on that commit message.  Once again, you manage to make personal something
>  that was, as your noted, properly voted upon, and then properly carried
out.

If he had removed it arbitrarily then yea... it might have got personal
because I don't think any one persion should have that kind of control
over the STATUS file but we all know by now this is just a fuck-up
on my part and the paddles are out.

>  If you have any doubts about why sometimes submissions aren't considered
for
>  inclusion in any open source project ... well there you have it.

Ya know what...
I am going to stand still for this little spanking session because
I am willing to admit when I have made a mistake and unlike most
times before on this forum when you guys have tried to make a
punching bag out of me... this time I give you permission to fire away.

It was stupid to not realize that maybe there was chance the damn
thing finally got comitted and go off and start reading CVS logs.
I admit it. I apologize. I missed the 'vote' or the 'committ' message
or something.

Ok... now on to the next question ( already asked by someone else )

Whatever happened to the 'other candidate for submission' as
described by Coar? I assume that was mod_gzip itself?

Didn't rise to the level of consideration?

Later...
Kevin