httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: [ADDON] mod_auth_xml
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 16:47:52 GMT

<gbig_rin> You could of course 'fix' all this by adding a level of
indirection to the apr_table_* system; allowing folks to map arbitrary
backends into it. The first of such table types whould just be the
exsiting one (and leave an apr_make_table() behind) but other tables
could be faster (solving the hash problem) or based on in memory or on
file dbms, jdbc connections and what not. From thereon it is a simple
matter of using tables everywhere - and just allowing in the config to
point to the right table backend on a case by case basis. Allowing a user
to overwrite the source for auth to his backend table - but keeing the C
level interface just table_get. His backend table of course might need
things like further config for table names, tag names etc.
 </big_grin>

Dw