httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Worker MPM on BSD/OS
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2001 16:44:31 GMT
On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, Ryan Bloom wrote:

> On Wednesday 07 November 2001 01:28 am, Martin Kraemer wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 11:40:50PM -0500, Cliff Woolley wrote:
> > > Must be my imagination.  For a second I thought threaded was broken, too,
> > > but then it magically started working.  Oh well.  I'm calling this case
> > > closed for now... I've got other things I need to work on.
> >
> > Oh, so threaded works on BSD/OS? Didn't get it to run on FreeBSD yet.
>
> FreeBSD doesn't have a working thread implementation, does BSD/OS?

I was having a really hard time telling whether it was working or not.
I'm leaning toward not, because on both the server would just hang... some
of the time.  I thought it was all the time, but then I tried it one last
time with threaded (having not changed anything) and it magically worked.
Sticking with prefork on BSD/OS is probably advisable.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA