httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <>
Subject Re: httpd 2.0.27 tarballs are available
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 17:33:24 GMT
On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, The Doctor wrote:

> > Wait a second.  That is bogus.  What we have essentially done, is that we
> > force somebody to use a specific version of make.  We should only be using
> > portable make commands.  If we can't do that, then we should only convert
> > to BSD/OS make if the build is using that make.
> Ryan the beauty of Apache 1.X is that it is platform agnostic.
> Can it be done for Apache 2.X?

Actually 1.x is not platform agnostic... it's just that a lot of effort
went into making it look that way from the outside.  2.0 is far more
platform agnostic than 1.x could ever be.  We obviously have some issues
with make on BSD/OS that we need to look into, but that's fixable.

   Cliff Woolley
   Charlottesville, VA

View raw message