httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: :: Apache Configuration Problem ::
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 16:01:23 GMT
On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Navin Dhanuka wrote:

> My machine is on a network. My Internal IP is 90.0.0.28, whereas the IP of
> the server is 90.0.0.1
> I want to enable http server in my machine.
> My external IP as given by whatismyip.com is "202.87.32.242"
>
> I have changed in apache the following line.
> Listen 202.87.32.242:80

If I understand what's going on, it's that you have some router
somewhere doing NAT, and the router's external interface is on 207.87.
and its internal interface is on 90.0.  If that's right, then your
problem is that you can't listen on an IP address not assigned to that
machine.  Listen on the actual IP address of the machine Apache's running
on.  Your router will need to do port forwarding from 202.87.32.242:80 to
your server on 90.0.whatever:80.

> What is the problem

When things like this happen the first place to look is the error log.

> Any info will be helpful.

Please understand that these sorts of questions should be asked on a user
support list, not on the developers' mailing list.  Please direct your
questions to apache-server@yahoogroups.com.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com