httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: 2_0_28 tarballs rolled and available
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2001 07:51:11 GMT
On Mon, 12 Nov 2001, sterling wrote:

> As far as your suggested patch - why is that better (and don't say
> performance wise - with all the string comparisons going on in a
> request a small while loop in an error case won't affect that much)?

I personally just think it's more clear what's going on without the loop
than with it.

Anyway, they both passed the httpd-test suite. (Not that the test suite
actually catches this problem right now, but that's another matter.  I
verified this fix by hand with the test case you provided, and httpd-test
tells me it didn't break anything else.)  I just committed Justin's
version because I think it's more clear.  If somebody wants to stick in an
AP_DEBUG_ASSERT to make sure r->next is NULL when we enter the function,
that's fine by me.

Thanks!
--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley