httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <>
Subject Reporting on Patches of FreeBSD ports (fwd)
Date Sun, 18 Nov 2001 04:20:34 GMT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 19:59:33 +0900
From: Hye Shik Chang <>
Subject: Reporting on Patches of FreeBSD ports

 I'm FreeBSD port maintainer of Apache2.
 I heard that some apache developers want to get a upstream from
 package distribution maintainers.

 This is local patch list of apache 2.0.28 port:

 . config.layout
   - Apache2's configure script can't handle external layout file.
     (apache13 can handle custom layoutfile with --with-layout=file:layout)
   - It uses hardcoded path instead of $libexecdir on making http-std.conf.
   - and, uses hardcoded path on Installing manual, too.
   - Somebody want not to install manual. Can't it be optional?
 . configure
   - building & installing srclib/apr and srclib/apr-util is earlier
     than loading layout. therefore, apr and apr-util ignores layout.
     DOCUMENT_LOCATION doesn't uses hardcoded path instead of layout path.
 . docs/conf/httpd-std.conf, ssl-std.conf
   - doesn't templates layout on many lines.
 . support/
   - PIDFILE ignores runtimedir on layout
   - HTTPD ignores sbindir on layout

 You can see FreeBSD ports patch on