httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: 2.0.28-beta release --coredumps
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 05:45:52 GMT
On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Aaron Bannert wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 08:44:40PM -0800, Marc Slemko wrote:
> > because we don't have a bug database that can support this in a
> > sufficient manner.
>
> Can we do this with Bugzilla? Pier?

bugzilla can deal with certain parts of this, and is one option for
building a system on top of, but by itself bugzilla is missing a lot
of things and is extremely annoying for certain things.

Ending up with a better bugdb isn't a matter of installing some
software and saying "have at it", but requires figuring out what
we need and how to get that out of the software, what we want, what
the migration path is, getting a consensus on how the software should
be used, etc.