httpd-dev mailing list archives

From GOMEZ Henri <hgo...@slib.fr>
Subject RE: Apache 2.0.27 and 2.0.28 RPM available
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2001 17:17:19 GMT
>> For PIDFILE, you meant @runtimedir@, didn't you?  But, it has
>> the same problem as @sbindir@.
>
>Yep.
>
>> I also won't change httpd-std.conf as we want them to explicitly
>> run apachectl startssl which defines SSL (what you'd really want to
>> change is ssl-std.conf anyway not httpd-std.conf - that check there
>> is right - if you change define SSL to define HAVE_SSL you have the
>> right idea).  FWIW, I think it should be enabled if it is compiled
>> in, but no one else agrees with me.  =)

>> No.  We want to be picky with our libtool version - the version we
>> built with (i.e. in build/) is the one want to use with
>> apxs-enabled builds.
>
>Why's this?

Apache / APR want to use their own libtool.

What's the problem with libtool allready present on the
system ?

Which make me think about including APR, EXPAT and all
in Apache 2.0.

Latest release (2.0.28beta) make apr, expat as shared libs.
Could we imagine configuring and building Apache 2.0 with
apr/expat as external shared libs ie :

--with-apr-lib=
--with-apr-include=

--with-expat-lib=
--with-expat-include=

Could we also imagine to have expat.h and apr_*.h in
expat and apr include dir ???

Just to follow the future life of APR which will be
more than just Apache 2.0 sub-lib....

>> > FYI, here is a part of what should be patched or change
>via perl to make
>> > apache 2 fit better on FHS from my spec file :
>> <snip, snip>
>>
>> I have no clue what this is.  =)  Please explain.
>
>A .spec file is what is used to build an RPM. Its format is fairly
>self-explanatory, if (IMHO) on some very, very potent crack.
>
>> > I've got some questions for Apache2 developpers :
>> >
>> > What prefix represent, a basedir for conf, or binary,
>> > or data ?
>>
>> I would say binary, but it is all relative to the layout.
>
>My ServerRoot is /etc/apache2, but almost nothing uses that.

Mine is /etc/httpd2

Here is also my httpd2 -V

Server version: Apache/2.0.28
Server built:   Nov 22 2001 23:18:49
Server's Module Magic Number: 20011002:0
Server compiled with....
 -D APACHE_MPM_DIR="server/mpm/threaded"
 -D APR_FILE_BASED_SHM
 -D APR_HAS_MMAP
 -D APR_HAVE_IPV6
 -D APR_USE_FCNTL_SERIALIZE
 -D APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
 -D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
 -D APR_HAS_OTHER_CHILD
 -D AP_HAVE_RELIABLE_PIPED_LOGS
 -D HTTPD_ROOT="/etc/httpd2"
 -D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/sbin/suexec2"
 -D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="/var/run/httpd2.pid"
 -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="/var/run/httpd2.apache_runtime_status"
 -D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="/var/run/httpd2.accept.lock"
 -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="/var/log/httpd2/error_log"
 -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="/etc/httpd2/conf/httpd2.conf"

>> > Should I set $prefix to /etc/httpd2 instead of /usr ?
>>
>> I don't think so.
>
>Er, crap. ;)

What ?

>> We *should* respect sysconfdir - then all of config stuff goes
>> into /etc/httpd2.  I guess you could make a case that build is
>> part of the sysconfdir, but I'm not so sure - none of it is
>> user-configurable.  It's a different beast.  -- justin
>
>sysconfdir is not respected, as the conf file is defined in
>configure.in
>to be conf/$progname.conf.

Mine live now in /etc/httpd2/conf/

I attached my spec file and also patch to make Apache 2.0 Beta28
more FHS compliant....