httpd-dev mailing list archives

From GOMEZ Henri <hgo...@slib.fr>
Subject RE: Reporting on Patches of FreeBSD ports (fwd)
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2001 08:54:05 GMT
>On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 09:58:49PM +0100, GOMEZ Henri wrote:
>> - It could be fine also to add --with-ssl-port
>
>I'd rather see them set the SSL port manually, but that's
>me.  Other people?

the idea is primary for packaging but make sense since
therfe is a --with-port. Just to be consistent.

>> - config_vars.mk is installed under $prefix/build
>>   whereas I'd like to put it on /usr/lib/apache2
>>   (which could be libexecdir).
>>   apxs could be extended to report config_vars.mk
>>   path via a query like : apxs -q CONFIG_VARS.MK
>
>Why?  It is strictly a build thing (i.e. it is a
>Makefile fragment).

Yes, but mod_jk/mod_webapp include it in all their
makefile and cause me problems. Question, should we
include config_vars.mk in a module build Makefile ?

>> I'm +1000 with httpd installed on sbindir instead
>> of bindir, which is a general policy for unix daemons.
>
>AFAICT, httpd is installed to the sbindir - just that
>the default layout has sbindir == bindir.  =)

Yes, but the apachectl is using HTTPD='@prefix@/bin/@progname@'
instead of HTTPD='@sbindir@/@progname@'

Also in apachectl, @prefix@/logs/@progname@.pid, instead
of @runtimedir@@progname@.pid as it was it Apache 1.3.

Fortunatly these should be easy to fix :)

Sent :)