httpd-dev mailing list archives

From GOMEZ Henri <hgo...@slib.fr>
Subject RE: Reporting on Patches of FreeBSD ports (fwd)
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2001 20:58:49 GMT
I saw we have similar same problems.

I'm working on Apache 2.0 RPM (on Redhat boxes)

http://ftp.falsehope.com/home/gomez/apache2/

So I try to have it more 'FHS' compatible, and
so it's a pain since many parts in conf/build
process still assume that everything is under $prefix.

Some others points :

- It could be fine also to add --with-ssl-port

- config_vars.mk is installed under $prefix/build
  whereas I'd like to put it on /usr/lib/apache2
  (which could be libexecdir).
  apxs could be extended to report config_vars.mk
  path via a query like : apxs -q CONFIG_VARS.MK

I'm +1000 with httpd installed on sbindir instead
of bindir, which is a general policy for unix daemons.

>From: Hye Shik Chang <perky@fallin.lv>
>To: current-testers@apache.org
>Subject: Reporting on Patches of FreeBSD ports
>
>Hello!
>
> I'm FreeBSD port maintainer of Apache2.
> I heard that some apache developers want to get a upstream from
> package distribution maintainers.
>
> This is local patch list of apache 2.0.28 port:
>
> . config.layout
>   - Apache2's configure script can't handle external layout file.
>     (apache13 can handle custom layoutfile with
>--with-layout=file:layout)
> . Makefile.in
>   - It uses hardcoded path instead of $libexecdir on making
>http-std.conf.
>   - and, uses hardcoded path on Installing manual, too.
>   - Somebody want not to install manual. Can't it be optional?
> . configure
>   - building & installing srclib/apr and srclib/apr-util is earlier
>     than loading layout. therefore, apr and apr-util ignores layout.
>   - DEFAULT_ERRORLOG, SERVER_CONFIG_FILE, AP_TYPES_CONFIG_FILE and
>     DOCUMENT_LOCATION doesn't uses hardcoded path instead of
>layout path.
> . docs/conf/httpd-std.conf, ssl-std.conf
>   - doesn't templates layout on many lines.
> . support/apachectl.in
>   - PIDFILE ignores runtimedir on layout
>   - HTTPD ignores sbindir on layout
>
> You can see FreeBSD ports patch on