httpd-dev mailing list archives

From GOMEZ Henri <hgo...@slib.fr>
Subject Apache 2.0.27 and 2.0.28 RPM available
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2001 12:40:55 GMT
Ok, now I'm subscribed I could announce, more easily,
some works related to Apache 2.0.

Apaceh 2.0.27 alpha and 2.0.28 beta are available at :

http://ftp.falsehope.com/home/gomez/apache2/

To have them installable on a Linux boxes, together
with good-old Apache 1.3.x, executable, config,
directories have been renamed and listen port
changed (8092 and 8093 for SSL).

config live in : /etc/httpd2/conf/

rotate :
/etc/logrotate.d/httpd2

init stuff :
/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd2

modules in :
/usr/lib/apache2/

manuals in /usr/man/man1 & /usr/man/man8 and
file renamed to name2 : ie: apxs = apxs2

Documents in :

/var/www2/html/
/var/www2/icons/
/var/www2/error/

exec in :
/usr/sbin/

BTW: From my RPM works I detect many stuff which could (should)
     be added :

     - Modify apachectl and apxs to use @sbindir@/@progname@ instead
       of @prefix@/bin/@progname@. A security concert on many distrib
       (ie Redhat which use /usr/sbin for httpd)

     - update apxs to let user use it's own installed libtool instead of
       the one in $prefix/build.

     - add a --with-ssl-port as we have --with-port

     - have httpd-std.conf supporting datadir and config.layout.
       For example, htdocs location in conf file, still didn't follow what
has
       been set in config.layout.

     - same thing for logs dir 'logs/*' , runtime files (access_log,
error_log, cgi_sock...)

     The general goal is to try to have Apache 2.0 more FHS compliant
without having
     to make huge patchs (or perl replace) at each release ;)

-
Henri Gomez                 ___[_]____
EMAIL : hgomez@slib.fr        (. .)