httpd-dev mailing list archives

From GOMEZ Henri <hgo...@slib.fr>
Subject RE: Some patches to start supporting AS/400 (iSeries)
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2001 11:58:18 GMT
Ok, let clarify :)

I'm commiter on tomcat project, works on mod_jk and
allready sent many patches and contributions to
Apache 2.0 (ie: apxs fix to build with multiples
source files)

The account httpd@slib.fr is a generic accound which let
us (SLIB developpers) follow the dev@httpd.apache.org,
and have it handled directly by our exchange mail server.

I also used that M$ Exchange Trick to reduce the volume of emails
I receive each days (I allready many Apache list for example
tomcat-dev, cvs).

That trick let me follow mod_ssl, new-httpd, openssl,  ...)

What do you think of the patches ? I know that IBM allready
do the Apache 2.0 port from Apache 2.0beta18, and it works
fine on AS/400, but since the IBM fellows port was not donated
to ASF, to be included in standard distro, I decided to spend
a little time to works on that port.

Yes it's stupid to duplicate works but I'd like to have the
original Apache 2.0 on my iSeries from the main source and
repository, and not just to respect the OSS spirit of ASF.

But, may be, some of you could try some lobbying on IBM officials
and managers to commit the AS/400 patches back to original CVS
for both APR and Apache 2.0

-
Henri Gomez                 ___[_]____
EMAIL : hgomez@slib.fr        (. .)