httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1)" <madhusudan_mathiha...@hp.com>
Subject RE: mod_ssl as DSO
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2001 02:49:06 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Bannert [mailto:aaron@clove.org]
>On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 05:54:22PM -0800, MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN
(HP-Cupertino,ex1) wrote:
[...]
>You are correct, I misconfigured my flood tests. Keepalive was indeed
>enabled, it was just that only one request was sent over each keepalive
>session. In any case at this point I don't think my test harness has
>enough power to keep up with my server, so I'm going to have to come
>up with another approach.
>
>Does ab fully support SSL? I don't see how from looking at the code.
>When I use it, I get "HTTP on HTTPS port" errors in my logs. I'm going
>to try and see if I can get httperf to work over SSL.

No.. the vanilla ab that's in the CVS tree doesn't support SSL.. I had
posted a patch a while back enabling SSL support to AB.. I can repost if
anybody is interested.. I use it often because it's easier for me to debug
using AB :-).. [rather, I haven't been able to explore flood fully]..

-Madhu