httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1)" <>
Subject RE: mod_ssl as DSO
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 03:53:03 GMT
I haven't changed the behaviour/type of the intraprocess locks that we
register for OpenSSL (ssl_util.c). If you're referring to something
different, can you pl. give me more pointers..

-----Original Message-----
From: William A. Rowe, Jr. []
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2001 7:46 PM
Subject: Re: mod_ssl as DSO

From: "MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1)"
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2001 9:30 PM

> Worker MPM / HP-UX 11.0.. All that I did was to do a "cvs update", run
> buildconf and then configure.. I didn't chose any specific locking
> - I'm using the default locking mechanism.. Do I need to do something
> different ?..

No... openssl requires that threaded applications either register a callback
or get stuck with their internal locking code.  See the WIN32 tag for our
implementation.  I'm not sure how far we've apr-ized this, but my guess is
that intraprocess locks could improve this situation dramatically.

View raw message