httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1)" <madhusudan_mathiha...@hp.com>
Subject RE: mod_ssl as DSO
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 01:17:40 GMT
-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Bannert [mailto:aaron@clove.org]
>On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 07:36:09PM -0500, MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN
(HP-Cupertino,ex1) wrote:
>> With the help of some changed compiler options, I was able to get the
stuff
>> working - but there's another problem : the response (https) degrades as
the
>> concurrency increases - still investigating..
>
>What platform and MPM are you using? (ie if you are using a threaded MPM
>like worker, do you still see the degradation with the prefork mpm?)

HPUX 11.0, Worker MPM, 2.0.28-dev

>> BTW, I had to apply this patch inorder to get SSL working as DSO.. If you
>> don't think it's required, can you pl. suggest a better method - ELSE,
can
>> somebody pl. commit this patch ?..
>
>What error does this patch correct? I'm not seeing a build error on
>Linux 2.4/glibc 2.2 or Solaris 8 for mod_ssl as a DSO, but it could be
>failing elsewhere.

I get unresolved symbols error during the LoadModule phase. The reason I
introduced this is because when mod_ssl is being loaded, it should bring in
all the dependent libraries (libssl and libcrypto).. It also means that we
shouldn't be linking -lssl, -lcrypto with httpd or any other executables.

Thanks,
-Madhu

-aaron