httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eli Marmor <mar...@netmask.it>
Subject Re: Another filter question
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2001 06:57:28 GMT
Ryan Bloom wrote:

> On Thursday 15 November 2001 12:17 am, Eli Marmor wrote:
> > By the way:
> >
> > I didn't find anywhere in the docs, any documentation about the
> > internal ordering (i.e. between different filters with the same
> > AP_FTYPE).
>
> It is dependant on the order that they are inserted.

Of course.
Let me explain in more details what I meant:

I think that two things, could clarify the picture to filter
programmers, if these things were added to the documentation:

1. A map of the current order of built-in filters (including all the
   optional filters that are not activated per any request, like SSI).

2. Rules to ensure that the filter you add, will be the first/last in
   the specific AP_FTYPE that you chose. For example: Don't use
   register_hooks, but XXXX. Or: Use AP_FTYPE_XXX [+-] 1. Etc. I know
   that the examples for rules that I quoted here, are controversial.
   But there must be rules. If not these ones, then others.

Thanks,
--
Eli Marmor
marmor@netmask.it