httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: [2.0] mod_proxy doesn't compile
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 20:49:52 GMT
Ryan Bloom wrote:

> > proxy_connect.c: In function `ap_proxy_connect_handler':
> > proxy_connect.c:308: structure has no member named `client_socket'
[snip]

> I have removed half of these, but the other half are proving tricky.  Should
> have something soon.  The problem is that the proxy needs to be able to read
> from either the client or server, and it doesn't know which is going to be
> sending data.  To get around this, the proxy uses apr_poll to determine which
> is sending data.  Unfortunately, it doesn't have the socket anymore to do a poll
> on.  I have a few thoughts, but I don't know how well they will work.
>
> The thing that really bothers me though, is that our proxy is purposely
> not using filters for a lot of output.  I am fixing that.

The proxy_connect stuff is purposefully "passthrough" by nature, which
goes against the whole filters idea (where filters are designed to
change data that passes by). I didn't tackle trying to implement connect
with filters as I didn't understand filters well enough at that stage
for it to work...

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon