httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@remulak.net>
Subject Re: 2.0.29? (Re: apparent mod_cgid bug Re: Two apache/2.0.29-devproblems)
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2001 15:55:47 GMT
Cliff Woolley wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Nov 2001, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
>
> > Dale, please let me know if this fixes it.  If so, we may want to
> > bump the tag on this file for 2.0.28.  -- justin
>
> We're rapidly approaching the point in time where it would be better to
> start on 2.0.29 than to keep bumping tags on 2.0.28 -- I don't know about
> you all, but I'm starting to lose track of what changes have been tagged
> in since the original 2.0.28 and which ones haven't.

Basically, 2.0.28 has got OtherBill's fix to request.c to reduce the
number of stats, plus some minor stuff, on top of the original tag.  I
would like to push Justin's mod_cgid fix into 2.0.28, re-roll, then make
the tarballs public, and vote for beta.  This won't even need additional
testing on daedalus, because daedalus uses mod_cgi.

Why not just start over?  Because then we pick up whatever brokenness
has crept into CVS in the mean time.  Bill S. says Win32 won't build at
the moment with current HEAD.

Greg