httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@remulak.net>
Subject Re: httpd 2.0.27 tarballs are available - Install Errors
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2001 16:22:48 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 09:40:52PM -0500, MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1) wrote:
> > I'm getting the following errors : Any ideas ?.. (build
> >
> > mkdir /opt/apache2n/bin
> > mkdir: cannot create directory `/libtool-6153': Permission denied
> > libtool: install: error: cannot create temporary directory `/libtool-6153'
>
> Platform?
>
> Looks like a libtool problem.  What happens if you rerun buildconf
> and you have libtool 1.4.2 in your path?  Daedalus has libtool 1.3.5
> which doesn't support certain oddball platforms really well.  The
> later libtool versions have much better support for oddball platforms
> (such as HP-UX, AIX, OS X, etc.).  If it looks okay with 1.4.2, we
> may want to use 1.4.2 when rolling the tarball.  Although I know that
> PHP doesn't like libtool 1.4.2.  -- justin

One thing bothers me about this.  I believe Madhu has been able to build
our 2.0 tarballs before, presumably on HP-UX, which presumably were
rolled on daedalus.  That seems to say my Linux libtool 1.3.5 is
behaving differently than daedalus's libtool 1.3 5, or daedalus had a
different libtool back when it worked, or ???

I'll still pursue libtool 1.4.2 for my ThinkPad if it has broader
platform support.  But I have an uneasy feeling that it's not the
complete answer.

Greg