httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: CL for Proxy Requests
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2001 18:43:06 GMT
On Friday 30 November 2001 10:34 am, Ian Holsman wrote:
> Ryan Bloom wrote:

Apache
Or

> >>not for reverse proxies
> >>as you don't specify a proxy block.
> >
> > Yeah, but even then, you should be able to use a Location block to add a
> > filter for that URL.
>
> OK.. now I understand the confusion.
> I'm talking about adding filters to the actual call made to the other
> server. (eg from web server to app) not from client to webserver.

Yeah, but that is one of the problems with the proxy right now.  It doesn't use
the correct mechanisms for creating the backend request.  If you remember,
Danny Lopez asked for this ability a while ago, and we didn't implement it.
In fact, I modified the proxy to use a hook for creating the request, which
allows modules to insert their filters.  This would have allowed a module
to hook the create_poxy_request, and add their own filters, but the proxy
doesn't use the filters correctly.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom				rbb@apache.org