httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: extraneous flushes after request is handled?
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 22:30:29 GMT
On Wednesday 28 November 2001 02:18 pm, Cliff Woolley wrote:

The lingering close one is correct.  I would bet that the other is a bug, The
other is happening because of pipelining.  Basically, you have gotten an
EOS bucket, but the core might have squirelled away the data to be sent
with the next response over this connection.  If the check_pipeline_flush
doesn't find another request, it has to flush the core_output_filter to get
the data out.  If you look at the core_output_filter, you will see that an
EOS bucket allows the data to be saved, but FLUSH buckets are taken
to mean write that data no matter what.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom				rbb@apache.org