httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 ROADMAP STATUS
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 04:31:54 GMT
On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 07:45:38PM -0800, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> My guess is that once 2.0 goes GA, we'll all be busy fixing bugs and
> working on more fun stuff for a while.  Also, take a look at everything in
> the ROADMAP file.  99% of it can be done as a dot release in the 2.0
> tree.  Most of it doesn't require large portions of the code to be re-written.

Well, that's an issue of the contents in ROADMAP not its location.  =)

My original concern about ROADMAP being separated from a versioned
source repository still stands.  -- justin

P.S.  IMHO, the idea is that when we go GA, we're pretty damn
certain there aren't a lot of bugs in it.  When we say 2.0 is GA,
we MUST mean that we 100% recommend switching from 1.3 to 2.0.
I haven't seen any major showstoppers from 2.0.28, so we're on the
right track.  2.0.29 should have performance improvements, but may
have some bugs due to that...