httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: perchild no compilee, includes tests failing
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2001 17:39:01 GMT
I'm seeing problems with data types in system headers on my solaris box
when I try to compile perchild:

perchild.c:1421: structure has no member named `msg_control'
perchild.c:1422: structure has no member named `msg_controllen'
perchild.c:1423: structure has no member named `msg_flags'

These are only defined in the msghdr struct (in /usr/include/sys/socket.h)
under two circumstances (see /usr/include/sys/feature_tests.h):

- UNIX 95 impl: must define _XOPEN_SOURCE and * _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED=1

- UNIX 98 impl: must define _XOPEN_SOURCE=500

I'm not seeing either of these symbols defined anywhere in our source
or as parameters to the compiler (including implicit parameters passed
by libtool). Is this something we should APR-ize away?

-aaron