httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0.27 and 2.0.28 RPM available
Date Sun, 25 Nov 2001 08:14:18 GMT
> <snip, snip>
> > > Commented on this yesterday.  I don't like this.
> >
> > I didn't catch that one.
>
> The prevailing belief of the developers is that mod_ssl is too
> hard to automatically configure (I don't necessarily hold this
> position, mind you).  Therefore, we want the user to manually
> configure it themselves.

I just wanted to comment on this little bit. IMHO, it has nothing to do
with how hard it is to automate the configuration, and everything to do
with "the way we configure apache". The more runtime options we add as
autoconf parameters for build-time, the less consistent our configuration
interface becomes. That leads to more confusion for the user on how to
normally configure these things.

-aaron