httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Stone <dan...@sfarc.net>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0.27 and 2.0.28 RPM available
Date Sat, 24 Nov 2001 09:26:07 GMT
On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 09:48:49PM -0800, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> > Which make me think about including APR, EXPAT and all
> > in Apache 2.0.
> >
> > Latest release (2.0.28beta) make apr, expat as shared libs.
> > Could we imagine configuring and building Apache 2.0 with
> > apr/expat as external shared libs ie :
> >
> > --with-apr-lib=
> > --with-apr-include=
> >
> > --with-expat-lib=
> > --with-expat-include=
> >
> > Could we also imagine to have expat.h and apr_*.h in
> > expat and apr include dir ???
>
> I think the proper thing is trying to get proper layout
> support into APR and APR-util.  And, we can also do that with
> expat as well and contribute back to them (Greg Stein has commit
> access to expat and can help facilitate contributions back to
> expat).
>
> I absolutely disagree with your patch for J-T-C about this.
> But, I'm not a committer there, so I am impotent.  =)

Well, I did a patch to do this, but it was bounced with some minor
fixups that I was too busy to make during exams; I really should go
back, fix up and resubmit.

> > I attached my spec file and also patch to make Apache 2.0 Beta28
> > more FHS compliant....
>
> Can you contribute stuff to the layout to help this?
>
> Furthermore, most of the stuff in your patch has already been
> committed (except for the apachectl fix which is awful to get
> right).  Madhu submitted a change to ssl-std.conf to do the same
> thing as your HAVE_SSL change, but instead relies on the standard
> SSL define (which apachectl passes in with -DSSL).  -- justin

IMHO there is No One Solution to apache2ctl that will solve the problem
for ASF, RH and Debian. (Not to mention all the other distributors).

--
Daniel Stone						    <daniel@sfarc.net>
<rhowe> Mike_: Either you're wrong or the motherboard manufacturer wants