httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0.27 and 2.0.28 RPM available
Date Sat, 24 Nov 2001 08:58:10 GMT
On Sat, Nov 24, 2001 at 09:44:56AM +0100, GOMEZ Henri wrote:
> Yes, if you take a look a tomcat-dev for JTC, you'll see that I couldn't
> build mod_webapp for Apache 2.0 with Apache 2.0 libtool, but I could
> with GNU libtool. I could send you many logs of mod_jk/mod_webapp built
> with system libtool and apache 2.0 generated libtool. Also I could attach
> the generated libtool.

Eh?  Sure.  Just send the logs.  Out of curiousity, try downloading
the OS/X-specific distribution of httpd-2.0.28 as we built that one
with libtool-1.4.2 (there is no other difference).  Madhu reported
that newer versions of libtool don't work on HP-UX.  If the version
that we are including (1.3.4-freebsd-ports) is more trouble than it
is worth, we can reverse it by building HP-UX-specific tarballs
instead (with 1.3.4-freebsd-ports) and use 1.4.2+ for everyone else.
That'd be my preference if I were RM anyway.

> With that patch, I could make web_app start compiling on a system
> where apr is not installed under $prefix. I strongly believe in APR
> and I saw not reason why we should have APR installed alone on
> system, and to follow FHS it should live under /usr/lib/libapr* and
> /usr/include/apr/apr_*.h. Dito for Expat...

What you want here is not apr-include or apr-lib, I think what you
really want is the option to point httpd-2.0 at precompiled APR
and Expat.  For Expat, that option is already there (but may not
be the default - check in apr-util for the exact option).  For APR,
we probably don't want to do this until we have release APR on its
own.  But, I guess we could throw it in there as an option.
Thoughts?

> Nice, does it means that I won't have to also add my defines in
> ap_config.h ?

Should be.  -- justin