httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0.27 and 2.0.28 RPM available
Date Sat, 24 Nov 2001 05:48:49 GMT
On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 06:17:19PM +0100, GOMEZ Henri wrote:
> Apache / APR want to use their own libtool.
>
> What's the problem with libtool allready present on the
> system ?

As I mentioned to Daniel, it may not be GNU libtool.  For RH and
Debian, it will be.  For other platforms, it may a) not even be
GNU libtool, or b) not even be in the PATH at all (everything but
Linux).

> Which make me think about including APR, EXPAT and all
> in Apache 2.0.
>
> Latest release (2.0.28beta) make apr, expat as shared libs.
> Could we imagine configuring and building Apache 2.0 with
> apr/expat as external shared libs ie :
>
> --with-apr-lib=
> --with-apr-include=
>
> --with-expat-lib=
> --with-expat-include=
>
> Could we also imagine to have expat.h and apr_*.h in
> expat and apr include dir ???

I think the proper thing is trying to get proper layout
support into APR and APR-util.  And, we can also do that with
expat as well and contribute back to them (Greg Stein has commit
access to expat and can help facilitate contributions back to
expat).

I absolutely disagree with your patch for J-T-C about this.
But, I'm not a committer there, so I am impotent.  =)

> I attached my spec file and also patch to make Apache 2.0 Beta28
> more FHS compliant....

Can you contribute stuff to the layout to help this?

Furthermore, most of the stuff in your patch has already been
committed (except for the apachectl fix which is awful to get
right).  Madhu submitted a change to ssl-std.conf to do the same
thing as your HAVE_SSL change, but instead relies on the standard
SSL define (which apachectl passes in with -DSSL).  -- justin