httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: pool performance in the worker mpm
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2001 19:46:32 GMT
On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 09:45:16AM -0800, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> What we really need to do is just remove the mutexes from the pools.  We already
> state that each thread must have it's own pool, so this shouldn't be too hard
> to do.

The problem is that the thread-owned pool is not being used for anthing.
Instead we create the new pool as a child of the listener pool and pass
that through the queue with the socket to the next available worker.

I'd really like to see us pound on the condition-variable-per-worker
patch I posted awhile back. I'll see if I can get it working and post
another updated patch.

-aaron