httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Stone <dan...@sfarc.net>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0.27 and 2.0.28 RPM available
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2001 19:34:01 GMT
Comparing with my Debian packages, the patches from which I will post
after my exam:

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 01:40:55PM +0100, GOMEZ Henri wrote:
> BTW: From my RPM works I detect many stuff which could (should)
>      be added :
>
>      - Modify apachectl and apxs to use @sbindir@/@progname@ instead
>        of @prefix@/bin/@progname@. A security concert on many distrib
>        (ie Redhat which use /usr/sbin for httpd)

Check.

>      - update apxs to let user use it's own installed libtool instead of
>        the one in $prefix/build.

Check.

Nope, could you please send this to dev@httpd?

>      - have httpd-std.conf supporting datadir and config.layout.
>        For example, htdocs location in conf file, still didn't follow what
> has
>        been set in config.layout.

Hm, I just have a very minimalistic apache2.conf that I distribute,
users can make changes in httpd.conf (simplifies packaging).

>      - same thing for logs dir 'logs/*' , runtime files (access_log,
> error_log, cgi_sock...)

See above.

>      The general goal is to try to have Apache 2.0 more FHS compliant
> without having
>      to make huge patchs (or perl replace) at each release ;)

Well, my package manages to fit into Debian FHS, and only has 11 patches
all up.

:) d

--
Daniel Stone						    <daniel@sfarc.net>
<apt> sex is probably updatedb; locate; talk; date; cd; unzip; strip; look;