httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: Reporting on Patches of FreeBSD ports (fwd)
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2001 03:49:35 GMT
On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 09:58:49PM +0100, GOMEZ Henri wrote:
> - It could be fine also to add --with-ssl-port

I'd rather see them set the SSL port manually, but that's
me.  Other people?

> - config_vars.mk is installed under $prefix/build
>   whereas I'd like to put it on /usr/lib/apache2
>   (which could be libexecdir).
>   apxs could be extended to report config_vars.mk
>   path via a query like : apxs -q CONFIG_VARS.MK

Why?  It is strictly a build thing (i.e. it is a
Makefile fragment).

> I'm +1000 with httpd installed on sbindir instead
> of bindir, which is a general policy for unix daemons.

AFAICT, httpd is installed to the sbindir - just that
the default layout has sbindir == bindir.  =)

I think the biggest complaint so far is that we don't
have --with-layout support.  Any volunteers?

If you guys are building packages, please just submit
your patches that you applied to the tree in as clean
a manner as possible.  We can wade through them (much
like what we did with Daniel's Debian patches).  -- justin