httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: [2.0] does not compile without threads
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2001 17:19:36 GMT
[forwarding to apr]

Back in revision 1.2 of apr/include/apr_thread_mutex.h we added #if
APR_HAS_THREADS blocks around all declarations in the header. This is
what's cauing Martin's build failure. I'm not seeing this same pattern
in the original apr_lock.h files.

What is the right way to handle this? I don't think we should we be
conditionally compiling declarations, only implementations. We can
either go for runtime errors (APR_ENOTIMPL) when functionality is
non-existant (--disable-threads), or we'll have to go around putting #if
blocks around all the code references.

-aaron